Wisconsin Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements
Cindy Grant, Jun 23, 2022 11:11:00 AM
Wisconsin interior designers are required to complete 9 hours of Continuing Education every 2 years.
- CE Requirement: 9 hours of Continuing Education relating to the general subject matter of interior design.
- Renewal Deadline: July 31 of even-numbered years.
- CE Reporting Cycle: Biennial - Registrants must earn the required credits in the 2 years preceding the license renewal. That is to say between August 1 of even-numbered years and July 31 of the next even-numbered year (i.e. between August 1, 2020, and July 31, 2022, for the July 31, 2022 renewal).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Board does not pre-approve courses or providers. Courses approved by IDCEC under the HSW designation are generally acceptable. It is up to the registrant's professional judgement to determine whether the activity meets the Board’s requirements. As always, final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Registrants shall certify compliance with the biennial continuing education requirement on their application for license renewal. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Tracking of Credits: Registered interior designers are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least 5 years from the date of the completion.
- Audits: All Wisconsin-registered interior designers are subject to audit by the Board and upon request will need to provide documentation to support the CE hours claimed at renewal.
- Are you registered in another state? If so, check out the Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also maintaining a professional membership? Check out the continuing education requirements for ASID and IIDA.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.