West Virginia Architect Continuing Education Requirements
Cindy Grant, Jun 23, 2020 5:08:44 PM
Registered West Virginia architects are required to complete 12 hours of Continuing Education every calendar year.
- CE Requirement: 12 Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) every calendar year, all of which must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW) subjects.
- Renewal Deadline: June 30 of every year.
- CE Reporting Cycle: Annual - Architects must earn the required credits in the calendar year preceding the license renewal (i.e. January 1 through December 31, 2021 for the June 30, 2022 renewal).
- Acceptable Coursework: The West Virginia Board of Architects does not pre-approve courses or providers. Courses approved by AIA under the HSW designation are generally acceptable. It is up to the licensee to determine whether the activity meets the Board’s requirements. As always, final discretion is up to the Board. Reporting of Credits: Registrants attest to completing the annual continuing education requirement as a condition of renewal.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers cannot report continuing education credits earned to the West Virginia Board. Registrants are required to attest that they are in compliance with the Board’s CE requirements on the annual renewal application. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Tracking of Credits: Registered Architects are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least 2 calendar years.
- Audits: The Board randomly audits 5% of registrants to ensure compliance.
- Carry-Over: Not permitted.
- Are you licensed in another state? If so, check out the Architecture Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also a member of the American Institute of Architects? Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.