Texas Architect Continuing Education Requirements
Micène Fontaine, Sep 29, 2020 11:00:00 AM
Registered Texas architects, interior designers, and landscape architects are required to complete 12 hours of Continuing Education every year.
- CE Requirement: 12 CEPHs (Continuing Education Program Hours) annually. All 12 CEPHs must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW) credits. At least 1 CEPH must be related to Barrier-free Design♿ and at least 1 CEPH must be related to Sustainable or Energy-efficient Design🍃
- CE Reporting Cycle: Calendar year (January 1 to December 31).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Texas Board of Architectural Examiners does not pre-approve courses or providers of continuing education. Use your professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the Board's criteria as summarized on the Board's website.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers CANNOT report continuing education credits earned to the Texas Board. Registrants must use the CEPH Log to accurately track and report courses.
- Tracking of Credits: Members are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least 5 years from date of completion.
- Audit: A random sample of registrants will be audited. If audited (and only if audited), registrants will be asked to produce proof of compliance in the form of a CEPH log and corresponding certificate of continuing education or transcript showing courses completed.
- Carry-over Credits: A Texas Architect is permitted to carry-over 12 CEPHs from the previous year in excess of the required credits for renewal.
- Are you licensed in another state? If so, check out the Architecture Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also a member of the American Institute of Architects? Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.