Oregon Architect Continuing Education Requirements
Cindy Grant, Jan 20, 2022 10:44:00 AM
Registered Oregon architects are required to complete 24 hours of Continuing Education every 2 calendar years.
- CE Requirement: 24 hours of Continuing Education, all of which must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW).
- Renewal Date: December 31, every 2 years on even- or odd-numbered year based on your original year of licensure.
- CE Cycle: Biennial - Registrants are required to earn continuing education within the 2 calendar years immediately preceding the renewal date. (i.e. credits must be earned between January 1 and December 31).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Oregon Board of Architect Examiners does not pre-approve courses. Courses approved by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) under the HSW designation are generally accepted but it is the registrant's responsibility to use their professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the Board's criteria as summarized in this post and as detailed on Board's website.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers cannot report continuing education credits earned to the Oregon Board. However, registrants are required to attest that they are in compliance with the Board’s CE requirements on the annual renewal application. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Tracking of Credits: Records of successful completion of continuing education should be kept for at least 2 years following the license renewal for which credits were claimed.
- Audit: All architects registered in Oregon are subject to audit by the Board and upon request will need to provide documentation to support the credits claimed at renewal.
- Carry-over Credits: Not permitted.
- Are you licensed in another state? If so, check out the Architecture Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also a member of the American Institute of Architects? Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.