Oklahoma Architect & Landscape Architect Continuing Education Requirements
Cindy Grant, Jan 27, 2020 11:00:00 AM
Licensed Oklahoma architects and landscape architects are required to complete 24 hours of Continuing Education every 2 years.
- CE Requirement: 24 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), all of which must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW) subjects.
- Renewal Date: June 30 of odd-numbered years.
- CE Cycle: Biennial - Oklahoma architects must earn the required credits within the 2 years immediately preceding the renewal date. (e.g. renew by 4:30pm on June 30 of odd-numbered years.)
- Acceptable Coursework: The Oklahoma Board does not pre-approve courses or providers. AIA, ASLA, IDCEC-approved courses are generally acceptable but it is the registrant's responsibility to use their professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the Board's criteria as summarized in this post and - most importantly - as detailed on Board's website. Final discretion is up to the board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers cannot report continuing education credits earned to the Oklahoma Board. However, registrants are required to attest to the completion of the required continuing education by submitting an affidavit with their license or registration renewal. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Tracking of Credits: Registrants are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities at least until January 1st of the year following the license or registration renewal for which credits were claimed.
- Audit: All architects licensed in Oklahoma are subject to audit by the Board and upon request will need to provide documentation to support the CEUs claimed at renewal.
- Carry-over Credits: A maximum of 4 CEUs may be carried over to the next reporting period.
- Are you licensed in another state? If so, check out the Architecture Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also a member of the American Institute of Architects? Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.