Ohio Architect Continuing Education Requirements
Cindy Grant, Jul 17, 2018 10:00:00 AM
Licensed Ohio architects are required to complete 12 HSW (Health, Safety & Welfare) Continuing Education Hours per calendar year.
- CE Requirement: 12 Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) per calendar year, all of which must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW) credits and must be earned in a structured setting (e.g. seminar, internet or correspondence course).
- Renewal Date: December 31.
- CE Reporting Cycle: Annual - CEHs must be earned within the calendar year immediately preceding the renewal date (i.e. January 1, 2022 though December 31, 2022).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Ohio Architects Board does not pre-approve courses. Courses approved by the AIA under the HSW designation are generally accepted. Final discretion is up to the board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers cannot report continuing education credits earned to the Ohio Architects Board. Licensees are responsible for tracking courses and maintaining supporting documentation in case of an audit. A Continuing Education Log and related back-up information should be made available to the Board at anytime upon request by the Board.
- Tracking of Credits: Licensees are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least 6 years following the renewal period for which the continuing education was taken.
- Audit: All architects licensed in Ohio are subject to audit by the Board and upon written request will need to provide documentation to support the CEHs claimed at renewal.
- Carry-over credits: Not allowed.
- Are you licensed in another state? If so, check out the Architecture Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also a member of the American Institute of Architects? Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.