Missouri Architect Continuing Education Requirements
Cindy Grant, Nov 30, 2020 2:00:00 PM
Licensed Missouri architects are required to complete 24 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every 2 years. 16 of the CEUs must be related to Health Safety & Welfare (HSW) and acquired in structured educational activities.
- CE Requirement: 24 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every two years, 16 of which must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW) credits.
- Renewal Date: December 31, year based on original year-of-licensure.
- CE Reporting Cycle: Biennial - Architects licensed in an even number year are required to renew their license by December 31st of the following even numbered year (i.e. 2022, 2024, etc.). Architects licensed in an odd number year are required to renew their license by December 31st of the following odd numbered year (2021, 2023, etc.).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Missouri Architects Board does not pre-approve activities or courses. Courses approved by AIA under the appropriate designation are generally acceptable. It is up to the licensee to determine whether the activity meets the Board’s requirements. Final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers cannot report continuing education credits earned to the Missouri Board. Licensees are required to attest that they are in compliance with the Board’s CE requirements on the biennial renewal application. It is necessary to certify completion of the required continuing education hours or to place a license in “Inactive” status - a license will automatically expire if neither action is taken. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Tracking of Credits: Licensees should keep record of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least 4 years after completion.
- Audit: A random sample of licensees will be audited to verify compliance. If selected for audit, documentation of CE activities will be required.
- Carry-over Credits: A maximum of 12 CEUs may be carried over to the next reporting period.
- Are you licensed in another state? If so, check out the Architecture Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also a member of the American Institute of Architects? Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.