Kentucky Architect Continuing Education Requirements
Cindy Grant, Jun 22, 2020 4:46:17 PM
Licensed Kentucky architects are required to complete 12 hours of Continuing Education every calendar year.
- CE Requirement: 12 Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) every year, all of which must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW) subjects.
- Renewal Deadline: June 30 every year.
- CE Reporting Cycle: Annual - Architects must earn the required credits in the calendar year preceding the license renewal (e.g. January 1 through December 31, 2021, for the June 30, 2022 renewal etc.).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Kentucky State Board does not pre-approve courses or providers. Courses approved by AIA under the HSW designation are generally acceptable. It is up to the licensee to determine whether the activity meets the Board’s requirements. Final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers cannot report continuing education credits earned to the Kentucky Board. Registrants are required to attest that they are in compliance with the Board’s CE requirements on the annual renewal application. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Tracking of Credits: Licensed Architects are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least 5 years from the renewal date for which credits were claimed.
- Audits: All architects licensed in Kentucky are subject to audit by the Board and upon request will need to provide documentation to support the CEHs claimed at renewal.
- Carry-Over: Not permitted.
- Are you licensed in another state? If so, check out the Architecture Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also a member of the American Institute of Architects? Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.