Kansas Architect Continuing Education Requirements

Marifi Tipton, Jun 1, 2020 3:53:25 PM

Kansas State Flag Continuing Education

Kansas architects are required to complete 30 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every 2 years. Of which, 24 CEUs must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare.

    • CE Requirement:  30 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every 2 years, of which a minimum of 24 CEUs must qualify as Health, Safety, & Wellness (HSW) subjects.
    • Renewal Date:  June 30 - if your last name begins with letters 'A' through 'L', your renewal is in even-numbered years. If your last name begins with letters 'M' through 'Z', renewals are in odd-numbered years.
    • CE Reporting Cycle:  Biennial - Credits must be earned between July 1 of the renewing year and June 30 of the next renewal year (for example: if last name begins with 'P', the reporting cycle is July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2023).
    • Acceptable Coursework:  The Kansas State Board does not pre-approve courses or providers. Courses approved by AIA under the HSW designation are generally acceptable. It is up to the licensee to determine whether the activity meets the Board’s requirements. Final discretion is up to the Board.
    • Reporting of Credits:  Providers cannot report continuing education credits earned to the Kansas Board. Licensees are required to attest that they are in compliance with the Board’s CE requirements on the biennial renewal application. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
    •  Tracking of Credits:  Licensed architects are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least 4 years from date of completion.
    • Audits:  All architects licensed in Kansas are subject to audit by the Board and upon request will need to provide documentation to support the CEUs claimed at renewal.
    • Carry-Over: If you earn more than the required 30 CEUs in a renewal period, you may carry up to 15 CEUs over to the subsequent renewal period. 
    • Are you licensed in another state? If so, check out the Architecture Continuing Education Requirements. 
    • Also a member of the American Institute of Architects? Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements.
    • Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.
                 NEVER STOP LEARNING            
    • Sources:  
      Kansas State Board of Technical Professionals
      Continuing Education Guidelines Printable PDF
:CEUMandatory Continuing Education RequirementsArchitecture Continuing Education Requirementskansas board of technical professionals


Architecture CE Requirements

Interior Design CE Requirements

Never Stop Learning



50% Complete

Join thousands of design professionals who receive our curated content.