Iowa Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements
Micène Fontaine, Jul 22, 2019 5:08:00 PM
Registered Iowa Interior Designers are required to complete 10 hours of Continuing Education every 2 years.
- CE Requirement: 10 Contact Hours (CHs), of which all topics must relate to Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW) prior to the biennial renewal date.
- Renewal Date: June 30 of odd-numbered years.
- CE Reporting Cycle: Biennial - From July 1 of odd-numbered years until June 30 of the next odd-numbered year (e.g. from July 1, 2021 until June 30, 2023 for June 2023 renewal).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Iowa Interior Design Examining Board does NOT pre-approve courses or providers. However, courses IDCEC-approved under the HSW designation are generally acceptable but it is the registrant's responsibility to use their professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the Board's criteria as summarized in this post and - most importantly - as detailed on Board's website. Final discretion is up to the board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers CANNOT report continuing education credits earned to the Board. However, when they renew, registrants are required to attest to the completion of mandatory continuing education. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Audit: Reports are subject to a random, in-depth audit by the Board to verify compliance with continuing education requirements.
- Tracking of Credits: Registrants are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least 5 years following the registration renewal for which credits were claimed.
- Carry-over Credits: Not permitted.
- Are you registered in another state? If so, check out the Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also maintaining a professional membership? Check out the continuing education requirements for ASID and IIDA.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.