Georgia Architect Continuing Education Requirements
Micène Fontaine, Jun 22, 2018 3:33:00 PM
Registered Georgia architects are required to complete 24 hours of Continuing Education every 2 years.
- CE Requirement: 24 Professional Development Units (PDUs), of which 16 must be in Public Protection Subjects (i.e. HSW) and acquired via structured educational activities (i.e. seminar, internet or correspondence course). The remaining 8 credits may be earned in related practice subjects (non-HSW) via structured educational activities and/or earned in Public Protection Subjects via individually planned education activities (activity related to the registrant's profession but not designed and systematically presented as a continuing education activity e.g. publication of an article or book, making a professional or technical presentation, teaching, etc).
- Renewal Date: June 30 of odd-numbered years.
- CE Cycle: Biennial - PDUs must be earned within the 2-year period running from July 1 of odd-numbered years through June 30 of the following odd-numbered year (i.e. July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2023).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Georgia Board of Architects & Interior Designers does not pre-approve courses. AIA-approved courses are generally acceptable. It is the registrant's responsibility to use their professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the Board's criteria - as detailed on Board's website. Final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers cannot report continuing education credits earned to the Georgia Board. Registrants are required to attest that they are in compliance with the Board’s CE requirements on the annual renewal application. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Tracking of Credits: Registrants are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for at least 4 years.
- Audit: All architects registered in Georgia are subject to audit by the Board and upon request will need to provide documentation to support the PDUs claimed at renewal.
- Carry-Over: Not permitted.
- Are you licensed in another state? If so, check out the Architecture Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also a member of the American Institute of Architects? Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.