CIDQ Continuing Education Requirements
Micène Fontaine, Jan 19, 2022 1:44:29 PM
The Council for Interior Design Qualification requires certificate holders to complete 6 hours of Continuing Education every 2 years to retain membership.
- CEU Requirement: 6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), every 2 years. All of which must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW).
- Renewal Date: April or October every year, depending on certificate expiration date. [CIDQ requires an annual renewal to maintain membership, as the CEUs must be earned over the 2-year period.]
- CE Cycle: Biennial - Credits must be earned in the 2 years immediately preceding the renewal date. For example, if your CEUs earned between November 1, 2020 and October 31, 2022 count toward the October 31, 2022 renewal.
- Acceptable Coursework: CIDQ accepts courses approved by IDCEC, ASID, and IDC. It is up to the professional member to determine whether the activity meets the requirements and final discretion is up to the Board.
- Reporting of Credits: CEU providers are required to report completed courses approved to the IDCEC. For courses not approved by IDCEC, members may self-report credits to IDCEC. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Tracking of Credits: Members are permitted to use the IDCEC registry to track earned CEUs and are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of ongoing continuing education activities.
- Audit: All CIDQ members are subject to audit and upon request will need to provide documentation to support the CEUs claimed at renewal, such as certificates of continuing education or an IDCEC transcript showing courses completed.
- Carry Over Credits: Not permitted.
- What state are you an interior designer in? If so, check out the Interior Design Continuing Education Requirements.
- Maintaining another professional membership? Check out the continuing education requirements for IIDA and AIA.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.