Arkansas Architect Continuing Education Requirements
Cindy Grant, Jul 29, 2020 1:09:39 PM
Licensed Arkansas architects are required to complete 12 hours of Continuing Education every calendar year.
- CE Requirement: 12 Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) every calendar year, all of which must qualify as Health, Safety & Welfare (HSW) credits.
- Renewal Deadline: July 31 every year.
- CE Reporting Cycle: Annual - Arkansas architects must earn the required credits in the calendar year preceding the license renewal (i.e. January 1 through December 31, 2021, for the July 31, 2022 renewal).
- Acceptable Coursework: The Arkansas State Board of Architects, Landscape Architects & Interior Designers does not pre-approve courses or providers. Courses approved by AIA or IDCEC under the HSW designation are generally acceptable. It is the registrant's responsibility to use their professional judgment to determine if an activity meets the Board's criteria as summarized in this post and on Board's website. Final discretion is up to the board.
- Reporting of Credits: Providers cannot report continuing education credits earned to the Arkansas Board. Registrants are required to attest that they are in compliance with the Board’s CE requirements on the annual renewal application. Design Arts Seminars reports credits electronically whenever possible.
- Tracking of Credits: Registered architects are responsible for maintaining proof of successful completion of continuing education activities for 6 years from the date of completion.
- Audits: All architects registered in Arkansas are subject to audit by the Board and upon request will need to provide documentation to support the CEHs claimed at renewal.
- Carry-Over: Not permitted.
- Are you licensed in another state? If so, check out the Architecture Continuing Education Requirements.
- Also a member of the American Institute of Architects? Check out the AIA Continuing Education Requirements.
- Have any questions? Post comments or questions on this blog or contact Design Arts Seminars, Inc.